East & Concord Partners is one of the earliest law firms in China to have established their own mining and natural resources departments. Through hard work and determination, this department has developed into a well-established and professional team of global lawyers. Past and current domestic and foreign services include legal consultations for projects involving coal, oil, natural gas, coal gas, shale gas, iron ore, manganese ore and non-ferrous metal resources, gold, copper, niobium, vanadium, zinc, the establishment of mining corporations, application or exchange of mining rights,
investment and financing mining corporations, foreign investment and overseas acquisitions. Also, with the firm’s working relationship with the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Commerce, and the Ministry of Land and Resources, we are always up to date on the most recent information within the field. As a result, we provide services to clients in the field of mining and natural resources all over the world, helping them mitigate unnecessary legal risks and improve their productivity.
Professional services that we provide in the field of energy and natural resources mainly include:
• Legal counsel on issues related to investment in energy and natural resources;
• The establishment of foreign-invested mining corporations;
• The structural design and investment, acquisition, and reorganization plans for energy and natural resource projects;
• Due diligence regarding issues related to acquisitions, mergers, investments, cooperations, mortgages, transfer, and financing;
• Participate in negotiations, providing legal opinions and drafting contracts;
• Domestic and foreign IPO for energy and natural resource corporations, raising capital;
• Related government approvals and registrations for mining rights.